What are Small Group Tours in Singapore?
Small group tours are tours that are organised for small groups of people who share common interests. This is different from the usual large group tours where you have to wait in line to take a picture with the tour guide at the end of the tour. In Singapore, there are various types of small group tours which takes tourists around Singapore to taste local dishes and find out more about Singapore’s culture.
What to Expect from Your Travel Guide? The 10 Must-Have Qualities of an Ideal Guide for a Small Group Tour in Singapore
A guide is the most important part of any small group tour. The tour will be what it is because of the guide. It is vital that you find a guide who has all the qualities you are looking for. Here are some qualities that you should look for in your guide:
1) Respect for the Culture: The guide is respectful of the culture in Singapore. For example, they are able to avoid cultural misunderstandings and better represent the local culture.
2) Knowledgeable about the tour location and attractions: The guide is knowledgeable of the tour location and what attractions exist in that area.
3) Friendly: The guide is friendly to you and other guests on the tour.
4) Willingness to answer questions: The guide will answer your questions about Singapore or the culture.
5) Professional demeanor with a smile: The guide has a professional demeanor with a smile, and never loses his or her temper easily.
Top Places to Take a Small Group Tour in Singapore
Singapore is a small country, but it has plenty of things to see and do. In this section, we will share with you the top places to take a small group tour in Singapore.
1) Gardens by the Bay: Located at the Marina Bay Sands, this award-winning garden is a favourite with locals and tourists alike. There are four different gardens to explore including the Cloud Forest, Marine Garden, Orchid Garden and Flower Dome.
2) Marina Bay Sands: Fans of luxury shopping or just looking for a good day out can visit the iconic Marina Bay Sands building. It boasts world- class shopping and dining, top-notch entertainment, and a SkyPark offering panoramic views of Singapore.
3) Singapore Botanic Gardens: This natural garden is home to over 15,000 species of plants from around the world. The gardens are home to a wide variety of tree species including banyan trees and baobabs.
4) Merlion Park : This park is located right next to the Singapore River. It is home to a giant statue of the Merlion, an iconic mythical creature with one lion head and one fish head that symbolises Singapore’s cultural mix.
5) Universal Studios Singapore: This theme park has all you can eat food and rides including rollercoasters and water rides.
6) Clarke Quay : This is a popular tourist destination with restaurants, cafes and bars.
7) Marina Bay: This waterfront park features a large fountain, water gardens, and various monuments to the nation’s history such as the National Monument .
8) Singapore Zoo: Home to over 4,000 animals from around the world including tigers and crocodiles.
If you are all geared to go on a small group tour in Singapore, then check out small group tours with Intriq Finesse (Singapore).